Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Celebrating the New Year and Poop




































You're probably wondering why this post's title includes the word "poop." The highlight of my celebrations for the new year was indulging a request by my younger cousins to draw a man pooping. They started by demanding that I draw Santa performing the aforementioned action but after an extensive negotiation, I convinced them that his metabolism works in such a way that he doesn't need to use the bathroom (I already drew him on heroin so I figured I'd cut him some slack).

At this point, you're probably wondering how this has anything to do with the above drawing. I ended up drawing a myriad of things with my cousins as we ended up playing a guessing game for most of the evening and this is something I suggest for all illustrators to try out. There's nothing like drawing live for a bunch of kids to get the old noodle working so by the time they got sleepy and went to bed, I was in a pretty good drawing mood and this sketch came out. It's one of my favorites in a long time so the lesson of the day is:

If a kid asks you to draw a man pooping, you'd better do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment