Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Runaways

























This was my first contribution to F/I/M²/P magazine. Although I was very happy with it when I drew it, it's somehow escaped publication on this blog up until now. It was an illustration for a review of Floria Sigismondi's film, The Runaways. I'll admit I haven't watched it but having to research it got me excited about the prospect of doing so.

The best part about drawing this was the reaction I got from the guys at F/I/M²/P when I sent in the pencil sketch. I originally intended to ink it but upon consideration, I agreed with them that the blacks looked good rough for this drawing (open it in a new tab to see it at full size). I believe it might be the roughest drawing I've ever agreed to let go to print and I'm pretty happy with that decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment